A cleaner shower for a more beautiful bathroom
Once your stunning Pivotech shower is installed, keep it gleaming. Cleaning a shower isn’t the easiest household job, but it is important. Not only does it extend the life of your shower, it reduces risks of moulds and mildews taking hold and activating allergies or worse.
Commit to regular cleaning to remove and prevent a build-up of soap scum, mildew and hard water lime scale and preserve the life of your shower screen, the anodized and powder coated aluminium sections.
Where to begin
- Fabric Softener – combine one cup of fabric softener and one litre of warm water to get rid of residue and soap scum on the glass. Wipe the mixture on the door and then rinse it off with warm water from your shower.
- Vinegar – vinegar is effective and safe for cleaning your glass shower screen. Put white vinegar into a spray bottle and spray onto the shower door. Scrub the mixture onto the screen with a nonscratch pad before rinsing off with warm water. Keep the spray bottle away from kids.
- Baking Soda – baking soda is magic. Spray the shower with warm water, then wipe baking soda on a cloth. A paste will form. Rinse off with warm water.
Wipe the surfaces with a clean, nonabrasive damp cloth using warm water and nonabrasive, pH neutral detergent solution.
Never use abrasive household cleaners, steel wool, hard brushes or excessive abrasive rubbing which will wear, damage and dull the finish.
For more stubborn dirt, a mild detergent should be used with a soft brush or sponge.
Surfaces should be thoroughly rinsed after cleaning to remove all residues.
- Do not use cleaners that contain Hydrofluoric or Phosphoric Acid
- Never use alkaline, acidic or abrasive based cleaners
- Under no circumstances use strong solvent or harsh detergents, bleach, scourers or any other abrasive cleaner on frame
- Do not clean glass when the glass is hot or in direct sunlight
- Avoid causing extreme temperature changes to the glass as this may lead to thermal fracture of the glass
- Some tapes or adhesives can stain or damage glass surfaces. Avoid using such materials unless they are known to be easily removed.
Maintaining a clean shower isn’t anyone’s favourite chore. That’s one of the reasons we’re so excited about the new Momentum semi-frameless sliding shower screen. Our product development team engineered bottom guides can be disengaged to make for easier cleaning between the door and fixed elements. Very cool.